The holidays are approaching and the online shopping niche is warming up. Salesforce recently compiled these stunning statistics on social shopping that will transform – and inspire. Gear your small business up for the holiday season and rev into action!
1. 15.1 million consumers turn to social media platforms before committing to purchase an item or service.
We know, we know, we’ve told you this before. But it is so important to have an active social media presence – be in Facebook, Twitter, G+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and blogs. People rely on social media to give direction to their buying decisions; you have the ability to give them that direction.
2. 53% of consumers reported that they recommend great products and services on Twitter.
Social media counts… And so does customer service. Keep an open, honest relationship with your consumers and treat them to service that makes them want to keep coming back for more. No only will you be getting a repeat consumer; you’ll also get a reputation as a brand worth following.
3. Customers are 71% more likely to purchase an item if it has gotten positive social media referrals
Social media is more important than ever. If your business doesn’t have an active, personable online presence, now is the time to get into gear. Update that Facebook page and send out those tweets. In order to build brand awareness, you need to send out reminders that your brand exists and is worth keeping up-to-date with.
4. 79% of consumers “like” business pages on Facebook because they get offered discounts and promotions for doing so. 58% of Facebook’s users anticipate that they’ll get special promotions or discounts when they like a page.
Although it might seems counter-intuitive, offering discounts can help your business grow. Not only does it grow brand loyalty; it also encourages most people to hit the “purchase” button.
5. 78% of consumers report that a company’s Facebook posts influence whether they buy from the business or not.
The takeaway: make your posts fun, informative, and personable. Stay away from divisive topics that could lose you followers.
Related Post: Hummingbird, SEO and What You Should Know
6. 81% of U.S. consumers are directly influenced by what their friends post on social media.
People love the “personal” recommendation. They are more likely to feel secure buying a service or item if they have a firsthand account that it will live up to their expectations. This is great news for your business. Create a personality on your social media platforms. Invite people to chat, converse, and ask questions.
7. Speaking of, Facebook is the most effective platform to spark conversation about products/services.
Plain and simple. Get your FB presence into gear. Reach out to other pages that relate directly to your product and interact, expanding your web presence ever-further.
8. 44% of female consumers report that trusted blogger’s recommendations impact their purchasing decisions.
Try to align yourself with influential bloggers. This is an effective way to market because it has a ring of authenticity; people are likely to trust a third party personal recommendation more than they are a brand’s write-up.
9. 38 million users between the ages of 13 and 80 report that their purchasing decisions were driven by social media discoveries.
Numbers speak louder than words.
10. 70% of adult social media users shop online.
Social media provides you with the tools to tap into the massive online community. The internet is ever-growing, making it more and more difficult to stand out from the crowd. Social media helps your business shine.
Social media is an opportunity, not an obstacle. Armed with the right approach and the proper mindset, you can help your business shine. And if you’re feeling bogged down with the day-to-day, then why not chat with Wheel Media and let us help you out?
Image Credit: [Flickr/Niels Lindberg]