Many small business owners aren’t sure how social media can help their business grow, or have a vague idea and want to know more. Before you start seeing results from your social media efforts, you’ll want to follow these seven key steps and you’ll be well on your way to a social media ROI:
1) Analyze the situation and find out where your customers are spending their time.
2) Learn. Read articles, research social media best practices, and consume any information related to your niche.
3) Set goals that are realistic and achievable.
4) Seek professional help. Ask professional social media experts for advice, join social media discussion groups, and back to #2 – learn, learn, learn.
5) Don’t look at social media as being an “add on.” It’s a field that you NEED to set aside a dedicated budget for.
6) Re-assess your efforts. Are you marketing directly to your audience? Are you producing content that is informative and helpful to them? If not, start doing it. Relevance is a priority – being salesy is secondary.
7) Be realistic and don’t expect to see instantaneous results. Building a dedicated following takes time and patience.
Related Post: Your Customers. Are. So. Bored. Stop It!
We know that you’re probably busy and if you’re trying to leverage social media by yourself, you may not have the time to build a strategy that’s going to net you the best results. That’s why we’re here to help. Simply contact us for a free quote and we’ll be happy to get back to you with an estimate.